Today, I had the honor of being a part of UConn Avery Point’s first ever Fresh Check Day!
At the event, I ran the Uplift activity table where students came to make their own self-care kits. We provided boxes they could decorate as well as various items to put into their self-care kits. Some of the items they could add into their boxes were:
- A paper clip: to help hold your life together when it seems like it is falling apart!
- A rock: to help keep you grounded when your life seems to get out of hand!
- An eraser: to make all of those little mistakes disappear!
- A Hersey’s Kiss: to remind you that you’re always loved!
- Fidget toys: for a distraction when you’re feeling anxious!
They also had the option to create their own stress balls out of balloons and flour.
The students really seemed to have a great time putting together their self-care kits and making their own stress balls. And the best part is, they left with a useful tool kit to turn to when they’re having a hard time!