TurningPointCT.org is committed to protecting the privacy and accuracy of confidential information to the extent possible, subject to provisions of state and federal law. We do not collect personally identifiable information, and we will remove information that would allow you to be personally identified from any posts or submissions you submit that appear on the website. However, in order to post in our discussion forum you do have to register as a user, providing a username and password.
In addition to participating in the discussion forum, visitors to the website can submit personal stories, videos, images of their work, and can add resources to our locator map and post user reviews of locations around the state. In order to submit information, you must login and/or provide an email address. We do not re-distribute or sell your work or any information collected on our web servers.
TurningPointCT.org collects the following:
- For users who post in our Forum:
- Internet Protocol (IP)
- For Google Analytics:
- web pages requested
- referring web page
- browser used
- date and time
TurningPointCT.org does not associate this data with individual user identities. This information is used to improve web presentation and utilization. IP address information may also be used for troubleshooting purposes.
In addition to the IP address/browser information collected from anonymous visitors to the site, other information is collected and stored when users log in to view restricted content or submit forms. Specifically, the following information is collected from TurningPointCT.org and mapped to a locally created account:
- TurningPointCT.org username, for Forum purposes
- TurningPointCT.org directory email address (the e-mail address you used to set up your TurningPointCT.org account)
TurningPointCT.org uses web forms on the site. These forms require users to provide contact information such as email address. Contact information from the registration form is used only to send material relating to the purpose for which it was collected and will not be sold to another party.
Use of collected information:
- TurningPointCT.org will only use personal information collected from this site for the purpose of communication back to individuals who contact us via the site, or as subject to state or federal law.
Distribution of collected information:
- TurningPointCT.org will not disclose, without your consent, information collected about you, except where disclosure is required by law.
- Circumstances under which your personal information, stored if you submit a story form, video form, or register to use the Forum, would be disclosed or accessed:
- Where required by law, including through a subpoena.
- Clear and apparent risk of imminent harm to you or to others.
- TurningPointCT.org will not distribute or sell personal information to third-party organizations.
Responsibility for External Sites:
This website contains links to other sites, some of which may be operated by third parties. Because we believe these websites offer content you may find useful, we provide the links for your convenience; but we do not review, control, or monitor the privacy practices of web sites operated by others.
We recommend that you review each web site’s privacy practices and make your own informed decision in regards to using any particular web site, whether you have found it through our site or through your own search.
How to contact us:
c/o Positive Directions, The Center for Prevention and Counseling
90 Post Road West,
Norwalk, Connecticut 06880