NEED HELP? 1-800-273-8255 TXT "CTL" to 741741
I think that having a roommate is a great idea for anyone who is looking for a place, say a small apartment. But I figure that this can be a tough decision to make. What are your thoughts on the pros and cons?
1. Shared expenses (utilities etc)
2. Company/Friendship (You are not completely alone)
3. Share chores (You do not have to do everything on your own)
1. Lack of trust (It can be challenging finding someone who has your back and who is willing to protect your belongings)
2. Infringement on personal space (Sometimes you just need some self-time and quiet)
3. Messy Roommate (This will scare anyone who cares about keeping their personal space clean and healthy)
© 2023 TurningPointCT.org. All Rights Reserved.
One Reply to “Roommates: Pros and Cons”
Making the choice to have a roommate or not is definitely a tough one. I feel like some additional pros of going forward with this decision besides the one you stated would be that you would have a sort of built-in-friend at all times and the fact that you would get to save money on household furniture and appliances as well as rent and utilities.
Meanwhile, some cons may be that if the expenses are shared, you may become solely responsible if your roommate does not pay their expenses for some reason or another. Also, if you are a person that likes their privacy, having a roommate will now limit your privacy to only your bedroom.