I made my first positivity jar when I was in an IOP (intensive outpatient program) for my anxiety and depression.
I wrote all of my favorite quotes at the time on my pieces of paper and now whenever I’m feeling down, I will open my jar and read one of the quotes that meant something to me.
Make your own jar to give yourself some positivity when you need it!
How To Make
Making a positivity jar is pretty simple and totally worth it! You don’t need much in terms of materials either. You probably already have everything you need on-hand!
Step 1: Get a Jar
This can be any old jar. Mine is in a mason jar, but you can use any old jar or container you have lying around! You can decorate the jar with stickers, vinyl, or glass markers. We used glass markers for ours in IOP, but if I were to decorate the one I just made, I would use vinyl because I have a Cricut!
Step 2: Prep Some Paper
You can use regular printer paper, or you can get some fun colored paper! Cut the paper into small enough pieces to fit nicely in your jar, but big enough to write on.
Step 3: Write Quotes
Lastly, you will write your favorite quotes, sayings, and encouraging words on the pieces of paper! This part can be time consuming, but it’s also a lot of fun! I spent so much time sifting through inspirational quotes to put into my first jar.
If you’re looking for some quote ideas, here are some that I included in mine:
- Fall in love with being alive
- Instead of thinking about saving your whole life, think about adding additional good things. Just let your pile of good things grow.
- Darling for you to be this sad, you must’ve once felt so happy, and you will find that feeling again, and it will be beautiful.
- Be grateful for the opportunity to experience each day.
- I have not failed. I’ve found 10,000 ways that won’t work.She was unstoppable, not because she did not have failures or doubts, but because she continued on despite them.
- Water your roots, so your soul can blossom.
- Be a better you for you.
- The darkest nights produce the brightest stars.
- Stay close to anything that makes you glad you’re alive.
- A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new.
How to make your own positivity jar! ##mentalhealth ##mentalhealthmatters ##positivityjar ##mentalhealthcrafts ##fypシ♬ Creative(1018683) – TimTaj