It is for a pop-up window for people to sign-up for our emails!
NEED HELP? 1-800-273-8255 TXT "CTL" to 741741
Although it can be used for good, social media has had it’s run with sadness and negativity. Lately, I’ve heard a lot about people using social media and the option to go live, to broadcast their suicides. It is so unfortunate to hear this and I wish that they had just a bit more hope or an opportunity to hear that suicide is never the solution; help is always available. I’m not sure what made them go to social media to show everyone their last moments but I do hope and pray that those effected find peace and are speaking to professionals about what they witnessed. Suicide is never the answer.
From what I’ve seen and learned, individuals who attempt suicide show signs of wanting to harm themselves, especially on social media. I think that we, as a community, need to look out for one another more and pay attention to the things people say both in person and online. Take everything seriously! I really encourage all of you to think about specific steps that can be taken when and if you ever do encounter warning signs online. Some examples include:
· Reach out to their friend directly and ACT
· Use the suicide prevention features on common social media sites (like FB and Instagram) to reach out
· Seek help from their own parents or contact the friend’s parents
· Seek help from adults at school
· Call or text 988 or chat 988lifeline.org. The Lifeline provides 24/7, free and confidential support for people in distress, prevention and crisis resources for you or your loved ones, and best practices for professionals in the United States.
No matter the cause or the situation, there is someone who cares. <3
© 2023 TurningPointCT.org. All Rights Reserved.