NEED HELP? 1-800-273-8255 TXT "CTL" to 741741
So yesterday I was at my friend’s house. We ordered dinner and were all eating, and she told me that her and her daughter do this thing every night.
I loved it a lot so lets start doing it!
1. How were you kind today?
2. How were you brave today?
3. What happened that you want to do better tomorrow? (How did you “slip” today?)
I love this!!
1. I was kind by listening to my friend talk, with no interruptions and judgments
2. I got out of bed, when I wasn’t in the best place this morning, and told myself to be brave and get through the day
3. I want to communicate better with people I am close to.
What a great idea! We could all use this extra dose of motivation, tbh
1) I was kind by offering to do something for my grams when I noticed she needed the help; usually I would wait patiently until she ASKED or said so, but this morning I offered to take the load for her. She was shocked.
2) I was brave, I think, by looking my depression in the face and picking up my pad + pencil and drawing for the sake of drawing. I also got some writing done. I know I’m rusty because it’s been kicking my ass and I haven’t kept up with it, but I felt good after!
3) I feel, like Torry, I can definitely be more vocal. Especially with people I know I can trust won’t turn me out.
Yay! Glad you guys like 🙂
1. Today I was kind to MYSELF by checking all my emails and following up on them 🙂
2. I was brave by coming to work, even though I REALLY wanted to stay home and hang out with Willow
3. I want to work on being more efficient with my time, and work on procrastinating on things I am dreading
1. Today I was kind to myself by explaining that I needed extra support at work today and feeling confident enough in myself to ask for it from those around me.
2. I don’t know if this counts, but I was brave YESTERDAY by going to therapy (even though I didn’t want to and knew what was coming) and hearing out my therapist on an issue I’ve been facing for a very long time, hearing her out on how to proceed in my recovery process.
3. I want to work on my anxiety and this somehow casual sense of fear I have facing simple tasks; I don’t like that it has such a grasp on me.
1. Today I was kind by paying for my grandmother’s shopping this morning when I noticed she didn’t have the money for everything.
2. I was brave today by discouraging my disordered thinking and convincing myself to eat.
3. I’d like to improve more with my eating as it’s not simple to maintain nor is it all that great. But I’ve made the stride in accepting I need therapy.
I love this!
Today I was kind by being a listening ear to someone in need
I was brave by enforcing my boundaries
I’d like to try to spend more time outside!
1. I was kind today by doing some self-care and letting myself sleep in instead of waking up really early like normal.
2. Today I was brave by acknowledging that I may need to go back on my anti-depressants and making that phone call to let my psychiatrist know how I’m feeling lately!
3. In line with #2, I slipped up by allowing myself to be put down by feeling like I’m doing something wrong/feeling less than competent for asking my doctor about going back on my old meds.
I agree with the rest of you that this is an awesome idea!
1. Today I was kind by helping my mom put her allergy shots in.
2. Today I was brave by handling a new Warmline caller who was experiencing similar issues that I had once faced and being able to give her feedback that I needed to hear at some point in my younger years.
3. Something that happened today that I need to do better at tomorrow is that my mouth is too spicy sometimes (usually as a defense mechanism) and even the people I love most tell me I should work on the way I talk/respond to people. So this is what I want to work on.
1). Today I was kind by doing some self-care and going for a morning walk.
2). Today I was brave by telling someone how I truly felt about our relationship drifting apart, something I’ve been wanting to do for a very long time but hadn’t done.
3). Something that happened today that I can do better tomorrow is work on my communication skills so that when I speak or try to address a concern I have it doesn’t come off as rude or disrespectful.
1). Today I was kind by giving someone time to vent even when I initially had other plans.
2). Today (or recently) I was brave by setting boundaries and stating that I was studying and couldn’t do both what was being asked of me and complete my homework at the same time.
3). Something that I could work on to be better at in the future is balancing my time and prioritizing my scheduled activities.
-Today I was kind by letting my grandpa sleep in.
-Today I was brave by using new ingredients in a home cooked meal.
-Something I want to do better tomorrow is stay more focused in the present moment and not be so quick to associate new things with old things.
Today I was kind by giving someone time to do something I had asked them to do several times.
Today I was brave by deciding to listen to my body and go back to more healthy eating.
What I can do better tomorrow is try to stay in the moment more, which is still a struggle.
I haven’t replied to this thread in a bit!
1) I was kind by asking if Gram needed to talk when I saw she was frustrated. Not that it lead anywhere but I just wanted her to know I was there.
2) I was brave ( for myself ) by eating a little more than usual for breakfast today and NOT letting myself worry about calories or physical image!
3) I feel like I can still improve on being vocal emotionally. Especially at home with Gram. Time to bridge that gap! 🙂
-I was kind by looking at the opinions of others and taking into account that not everyone is at the same place that I am and that this is okay.
-I was brave by pushing back and challenging others to not set limits on themselves.
-Something I feel like I could do better at tomorrow is being more inclusive of all populations and all individuals with my use of language and tones.
Today I was kind by giving someone a ride somewhere even though it would have been easier to say no.
Today I was brave by realizing that it’s okay to have me time as well.
Something I can do better at tomorrow is not serve myself so much food knowing I’m not going to eat that much anyways.
Today I was kind by making sure others felt heard and validated when they spoke.
Today I was brave by asking for something I needed in that very moment and not waiting until it was too late.
Something I would like to work on for tomorrow is saying goodbye to properly when I leave my house because with every thing happening in the world, I would never not want to have said goodbye or I love you to my loved ones if something ever happened to me.
Eliza I love this – my mom always did “three things about your day” every single night at dinner and it was the best!!
1. How were you kind today? — Today I was kind when helping a patient at work. He had been going through something and by listening to him, I was able to give him the gift of being heard today.
2. How were you brave today? — Today I was brave when I told someone my true feelings about them, despite the MANY fears that tried to cripple me.
3. What happened that you want to do better tomorrow? (How did you “slip” today?) — I would like to not skip breakfast tomorrow lol !
1. I gave myself a few extra hours of sleep.
2. I didn’t give in to the urge to self-harm today.
3. I want to keep trying.
Today I was kind by helping my mom with the babies she takes care of while she did a couple of things.
Today I was brave by stating what I needed in regards to something I’ve been holding back on.
I would like to do better by trying to be more consistent with the second thing.
I was kind by helping out someone during their time of need.
I was brave by stating that I needed help when I couldn’t do everything by myself.
What I would like to do better is try to ask for help more when I feel like I am overwhelmed with things like I was able to do today.
Today I was kind by helping my dad run an errand.
Today I was brave by stating my needs to my parents.
I would like to be better tomorrow by being more available for those who may need me.
Today I was kind by complimenting someone.
Today I was brave by stepping into a new environment with many new faces.
I would like to be better tomorrow by taking better care of myself.
Today I was kind by following through.
Today I was brave by driving through a different area that I had never had to drive through before which cause me major anxiety!
I would like to do better by controlling my facial expressions and body language when I am either uncomfortable with something or when I am not in agreement with something so it doesn’t seem so obvious or make others uncomfortable.
Today I was kind by holding space for others.
Today I was brave by making a phone call I didn’t really want to make.
Tomorrow I would like to do better by speaking my truth about certain things.
TurningPointCT.org was developed by young people in Connecticut who are in recovery from mental health and substance use issues. We know what it’s like to feel alone, stressed, worried, sad, and angry. We’ve lived through the ups and downs of self-harm, drugs and alcohol, and the struggle to find help.
Learn More »