24/7 Hotlines: Call or text 988 or text 741741

Media Room

Check out the latest features and share your news, artwork, poems, or videos.

3 Types of Music that Improves Sleeping Quality

Regardless of how much we have to do in one day, it’s important that we get enough sleep.

Less than 7 hours of sleep can affect your concentration and can also lead to mood problems.

But can music actually help people with sleep disorders?

I’ve been doing some research on the types of music that helps to improve sleep quality.

Three particular genres of music always seem to stand out, this includes: Jazz, Classical Music and Folk Music.

But outside this listing, I’ve also come across some other interesting facts:

 Bedtime music does help people with sleep disorders but it may take up to three weeks before you see actual improvements
 Music can help you fall asleep faster, sleep longer and feel more rested
 Music can lower your heart rate and slow down your breathing
 But if you are used to sleeping in a quiet room, any music might be disruptive for a while

Last year, around this time, Spotify released the World’s Sleep Playlist consisting of popular music… the playlist included artist like Ed Sheeren, Sam Smith and Passenger.
See here: http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/pop-shop/6531669/ed-sheeran-spotify-sleep-playlists

But traditionally, Jazz Music has been one of the best sleep remedies.
Arguably, a Jazz song, one of my favorite Jazz songs is, ‘No Ordinary Love’ by Sade.

Classical music, however, has been pointed out by many research as just the finest sleep aid.
‘Good thing we can access classical masterpiece at just the click of a button.

Also, from my findings, Folk Music is also a great sleep aid. Songs like ‘You’ll Never Leave’ by Harlan and ‘Appalachian Hills’ by Dirt Wood Fire (paying attention to the instruments and melody), works if all you need is just a good night sleep.

2 Replies to “3 Types of Music that Improves Sleeping Quality”

1. Valerie says:

I used to listen to the Amélie soundtrack when I needed to sleep because it has many beautiful piano pieces and it takes your mind on a journey in France. It’s extremely calming and “easy listening.” However, I sometimes find myself not waking up in the morning because I have the earbuds in and I miss my alarm. I think I’m going to have to play it on a stereo softly.

Soundtrack
    https://youtu.be/unCVi4hYRlY?list=RDunCVi4hYRlY

2. Kevin A. says:

I have had similar experiences with my earbuds Valerie, but now, my phone battery usually goes dead before I wake up. Otherwise I use my speakers, but I like having the sound up-close, so the earbuds work better.

instrumentals are awesome, as well as sounds of nature, such as the rain, so this (Amélie soundtrack) is encouraging. Thanks for sharing.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.