NEED HELP? 1-800-273-8255 TXT "CTL" to 741741

Let’s Talk

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Luz.Feliz Luz.Feliz 1 year, 6 months ago.

• Author
    Anonymous

Just a warning to all of you out there. The flu is really scary this year. Both my 5 and 7 year old had the flu this winter as did I. It was extremely scary as a parent to nurse my children back to health. It took them both about 5 days each to get over the flu. I also had the flu and it took me a few days as well. They had fevers over 100 degrees for days and when I took them to the emergency room there were dozens of other children just as sick. I just want you all to be careful and to remember to wash and sanitize your hands as much as possible.

egbumblebee
    Keymaster

Thank you for this warning Chenice!! It’s definitely nerve-wracking!!!

egbumblebee
    Keymaster

And I’m so glad you and your two children are better!! I’m so sorry they were so sick!

Luz.Feliz
    Luz.Feliz
    Participant

Thanks for sharing this.

A question I have about this would be, since the flu vaccination is indeed a portion of the flu virus itself being inserted into people, in order to build up antibodies, what are your opinions on getting a vaccine? Should it be something that is mandatory? Do you think that if more people got a vaccine less would have gotten so sick? Do you think it would have made a difference?

I’d love to know!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.