NEED HELP? 1-800-273-8255 TXT "CTL" to 741741

Let’s Talk

Home Let’s Talk Social Stuff 1-800-273-8255 Song

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Kevin A. Kevin A. 1 year, 9 months ago.

• Author
    Luz.Feliz
    Luz.Feliz
    Participant

Check out Logic’s new song promoting suicide prevention:

Logic ft. Khalid & Alessia Cara Perform "1-800-273-8255” | 201…

Logic ft. Khalid & Alessia Cara Perform "1-800-273-8255” | 2017 VMAs | MTV

Posted by Logic on Monday, August 28, 2017

When I first heard this song play on the radio, I thought it was not something that should be airing, just because I did not understand the context of the song lyrics. After seeing the video of his performance and now knowing what is the true meaning behind each portion of the song, I feel like it makes sense. I also feel as if this is a great way to reach a broader audience and raise the awareness of suicide prevention and that we are not alone. Many young adults, and people in general for that matter, spend time listening to music. Whether it is on the way to school, while driving, etc., so what better way to target the biggest audience possible than through this type of mass media?

What do you guys feel about this song? Do you think it gets a message across?

Kevin A.
    Kevin A.
    Keymaster

Yup! The first verse is definitely alarming unless you hear the full song. But the artists are sending a very strong message and on so many levels I can relate with that.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.