I haven’t posted in this thread for awhile, so here’s a few extra things I’m grateful for!
1. Seeing how far I’ve come in terms of recovery but acknowledging I still have things to work on.
2. Cultivating friendships whether face to face or online.
3. Getting the feeling that I’ve come far in my sketching when comparing to what I used to draw.
4. The realization that I may feel sad, but I tend to laugh a LOT to express all my joy regardless.
5. The realization that I’m doing my best & that’s all I can do, which is perfectly fine.
TurningPointCT.org was developed by young people in Connecticut who are in recovery from mental health and substance use issues. We know what it’s like to feel alone, stressed, worried, sad, and angry. We’ve lived through the ups and downs of self-harm, drugs and alcohol, and the struggle to find help.
Learn More »