NEED HELP? 1-800-273-8255 TXT "CTL" to 741741
Getting up early in the morning [before daylight] with a roaming mind is the best time for me to get my best work done. I’m sure many people can relate to waking up early and just wanting to feel productive by daylight.
Welsh Coder Dylan is a self-publishing writer who looked up to Stephen King. He recently [just a few days ago] surpassed King, as the top author on Amazon. He said,
“Whatever you are passionate about, do it first thing in the morning before the daily task gets in the way.”
But of course, if you are not a morning person or, if you just want to wake up to a cup of coffee (and listening to the tweeting birds that hang from the tree branch by your window), either way, music works. Here are some good songs to beat to as you come awake:
1. The Lion King – The Circle Of Life
2. Alicia Keys – New Day
3. Kanye West – Good Morning
4. Bill Withers – Lovely Day
5. Coldplay – Viva La Vida
6. Can’t Sleep Love – Pentatonix
7. Demi Lovato – Confident
8. Sam Smith – Money On My Mind
9. Katrina & The Waves – Walking On Sunshine
10. Felix Jaehn – Ain’t Nobody (Loves Me Better) ft. Jasmine Thompson
Those are some awesome songs. I always heard the “walking on sunshine’ song but never knew who sang it. I’m gonna post a few songs I have been listening to here…
I honestly have never been a huge Barbra fan (I can hear other gay guys gasping in horror because Barbra is one of those Divas that is almost a requirement) but she kills it in this performance. Totally just awesome
2) This quiet song from Riverdance I always remembered – I got the cd as a gift when I was in high school, and I would play it over and over when I was feeling down.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
TurningPointCT.org was developed by young people in Connecticut who are in recovery from mental health and substance use issues. We know what it’s like to feel alone, stressed, worried, sad, and angry. We’ve lived through the ups and downs of self-harm, drugs and alcohol, and the struggle to find help.
Learn More »